Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hotdog in Home Baked Buns, French Fries and Onion Rings

I tried the recipe from http://angelcookbakelove.blogspot.com's Christmas Tree Custard Bread (Super Soft).  The extra dough Angelbakelove used to make the hotdog buns looked attractively interesting  to make hotdog dinner that I wanted.  To make hotdog buns or hamburger buns.  I used 160 g AP unbromeated, unbleached Flour.  Pre-Mix 28g flour 28g  with 15 g Sugar, 8 g  Milk powder, 2 g  Salt with 109 g warm Water with 2.5 g Yeast.  Once the pre-mix bubbles up, add 15 g beaten eggs, and 15 g melted butter. Proceed to make the dough, rise, portion and bake in 180'C oven for 15 minutes.

For dinner, I also prepared French Fries from Chef Thomas Keller's Bouchon Recipe book.  I learned about blanching the french fries at 325'F and then fried at 375'F.  Wow... time consuming.  I also made some onion rings ... woops... didn't have Panko in my pantry.  Soooo.... onion rings dipped in seasoned flour, buttermilk, and tested with  white corn meal dip also.... that was not very tasty.... so I changed the last coating with Tempura powder.  That's much better.  Keeping the peanut oil between 350'F and 375'F is challenging indeed.  This is when the electric skillet with temp controller would work well... I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?