Wednesday, April 28, 2010

CHA SOBA - Japanese Green Tea Soba

So, here's to the rest of the April.  It's been a very busy month at the office.  Uploading the pictures whether from picasa or not have become a time consuming task that I don't have very much time to slip in.  But here are some photos of my food journal.  I have some more, but I dread to think of having to sit down after work again in front of the computer.  But hate to not share what I have been testing on.
So, enjoy.  If you have any question, let me know.

Japanese Green Tea SOBA  or Cha SOBA
I found this Organic CHA SOBA a few weeks ago at one of my favorite Japanese grocery store - MITSUWA in San Jose.  I gave it a try and made the sauce that is quite delicious.

Ingredients:
7 oz - 1 package Organic Cha Soba, HAKUBAKU brand.

Boil the SOBA.
Drain.  Set Aside.

Classic Noodle Sauce (Men Tsuyu)
2 C Boiling water - soak 1/4 C dried Shiitake Mushrooms in it and use it for Sauce
1/2 C Soy Sauce
1/2 C White Wine
2 Tbsp Sugar
Some green onions, chopped
finely grated ginger - 1/2 tsp
2 Tbsp HONDASHI  if you have any in your pantry

Procedures: 
Add a few pieces of shiitake mushroom to 2 C of boiling water.
Add 1/2 C soy sauce
1/2 C white wine
2 Tbsp sugar and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes.
Remove shiitake mushrooms from the pan, cut into small pieces, and add back in the soup.
Finish with a bit of peeled and finely grated giner root and finely chopped green onion.

Assemble:
If you have traditional Japanese ZARU SOBA serving tray, arrange noodle on top.
Sprinkle some shredded seaweed and or KATSUO BUSHI or black sesame seeds for accent the noodle.
Serve the noodle sauce in the serving set's cup.

To eat:  Dip the noodle into the sauce and eat.    You also might enjoy sprinkle the sauce with some NANAMI KARASHI  (7 flavor Japanese chili powder).


So, this is all the time I have left for tonight.  Will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?