Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Scaloppini Chicken with Chardonnay Sweet and Sour Spicy Sauce

Scaloppini chicken - my first attempt at home turned out a new addition to my food adventure -  fairly thinly sliced chicken pounded further and coated barely with flour sauted butter.  Swirls of chardonnay into the pan to deglaze the food bits at the bottom of the pan.  The aroma of heated Chardonnay tingled my nostril.  That's when I got the idea of making the Chardonnay sweet and sour sauce.   I thought it is perfect.  It has the perfect acidity and mellowness that the ordinary mixture of vinegar and sugar can't bring out.  Addition of chili pepper flakes brought the flavor really together when tossed with mangoes.  The smaller pieces of chicken were served over steaming hot Jasmine rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?