Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Polly's Lentil Salad Adventure

"In your lifetime, how many different nuts have you tasted?  or how many different types of beans or grains have you tasted?"  I thought to myself.  And here it is, another nutrients that I have never tasted before, and when it is prepared 'this' way, watch out, I can eat the whole thing like a bowl of rice.  Lentil salad made with garlic, olive oil, minced onion, Italian parsley, bacon, red wine vinegar, and Tabasco has been added to one of my favorite health food.  My refrigerator has never seen fresh herbs such as Italian parsley, thyme, bay leaves, rosemary, sage, etc.  but now, it has been added to my garden this year, so I have freshly cut herbs to cook with.   I have tasted so far with two different types of Lentils - Organic Lentil, common and Lentils - French Green.  I prefer the later because it keeps firmer and prettier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?