Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tartine Croissants 1

 Something is soooo mysterious about Croissants.   I never get tired of making it, and never tired or taking pictures of it.     I can do it over and over, and take pictures of every angle, and still amazed with it each time after I bake them.  This is the recipe from the Tartine baking book.  Pastry chef Elisabeth Prueitt and master baker Chad Robertson must have a satisfying day every day after baking them.   Viva la Croissants!
  I learned to use my tile counter to my advantage - each square is 7", so I can roll out the dough without much use of a ruler.
 I am getting better and better at lengthening the dough - streeeeetch! and I have many folds when I wrap it up.
Curved croissants are the originals that my grand-son loves.

 Straight shape croissants with goody fillings that my grand-daughter enjoys.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?