Thursday, September 11, 2014

Polly's Cherry Garcia Cookies

What to do with those extra fresh cherries?  I thought of just eating them, but why not bake with them.... but I didn't have enough for cherry pie or cobbler, so I came up with Cherry Garcia.   Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia is one of my favorite ice-cream.  So, I decided to make my own recipe for the cookies.  Well, this picture show them in a muffin cups.  I guess it can be a muffin at the same time a cookie.
Ingredients:
1-3/4 C butter softened and whipped to fluffy pale yellow by adding 1/2 C sugar and 1/3 C light brown sugar.
Add 2 tsp Vanilla extract and 2 eggs into the butter mixture.   Beat in eggs one at a time and blend until smooth. 
Preheat oven to 375'F.
Measure pre-Shifted 1-3/4 C flour that has 1 tsp of baking powder already in it.  Plus 1/4 tsp of salt.
Add about 1 C of Unpit cherries, tear into halves.  Add Cherries and 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips  to butter mixture. 
Scoop into muffin cups, if you would like to; and bake in 375'F till browned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?